What is the best teeth-whitening product available?
There’s confidence in a bright, white smile. But you don’t need to spend a lot of money, change your lifestyle, or even go to the dentist to get that confidence. There are a lot of different teeth-whitening products available over the counter today, even for people with sensitive teeth. So how do you know what the best teeth-whitening product is? Here we will review the key things you should keep in mind when looking for the best smile-brightening product for you.
What types of teeth-whitening products are available?
There are a number of teeth-whitening products one can choose from. The most common types of products include:
- Whitening toothpastes: A whitening toothpaste is a toothpaste that has a mild abrasive added to it in order to scrub stains away on the outer surfaces of the teeth while brushing.
- Whitening chewing gums: Sugarless chewing gums are designed to remove food residues after eating; some work by preventing new stains from sticking.
- Tray-based teeth whiteners: A mouthguard-like tray with a gel-based whitening solution and peroxide-based bleaching agents can also be used.
- Whitening teeth strips: Whitening teeth strips are thin, flexible strips that are coated with a tooth whitening gel (usually peroxide-based).
- Whitening teeth gel pens: A convenient method of whitening your teeth by using a peroxide-based gel that is easily applied using a pen-like device.
What makes for the best teeth-whitening product?
With all of these products available, how do you know what the best teeth-whitening product is for you? Keep these key things in mind when evaluating a product:
- Product safety: Your safety is critical. Before trying any teeth-whitening product, be sure to consult your dentist first. Products should always be pain-free. The best products have an active teeth-whitening compound in them. Peroxide-based formulas are best. Through an oxygenation process, peroxide-based products produce bubbles to scrub away stains from your teeth. It is recommended that hydrogen peroxide-based products should only be used in a controlled environment under dental supervision due to gum irritation and tooth sensitivity; however, carbamide peroxide can be used without dental supervision and provide convenient at-home use . However, you want to be sure you pick the formula with the correct percentage of peroxides in order to reduce teeth sensitivity and the chances of damaging your teeth. According to one dental professional carbamide peroxide products that have at least 35% carbamide peroxide are best .
- Results you can count on: You want results you can count on. The ideal teeth whitening formula should be both fast-acting and long-lasting. While the American Dental Association says that teeth-whitening products do work , there isn’t a lot of systematic research about how different types of products actually rank. However, technology has advanced the teeth-whitening game. Now, it is possible to use the power of light to accelerate the whitening process. Research, in fact, shows that photoactivation of whitening gel products with an LED is the best choice compared to other sources of light (such as lasers) or more traditional, no-light methods .
- A product that fits your lifestyle: Choose the product that best fits your lifestyle. In today’s bustling world, the ideal product would be fast-acting. For instance, tray methods generally require at least 30 minutes per session, while a gel whitening pen only requires 15 minutes. Additionally, your choice can depend very much on your personal budget. Thus, you want to pick a cost-effective product that won’t break your budget.
Although whitening toothpastes can be effective, they only tackle surface stains. The same holds true for whitening chewing gums. Trays, as mentioned previously, can be an inconvenient and time-consuming method. Whitening strips are quite popular, and most contain a teeth-whitening gel. Teeth-whitening gels, especially those that contain carbamide peroxide formulations, are probably among the most superior products available today. To get the most out of teeth-whitening gels, a whitening gel pen for teeth is the best choice. Teeth-whitening pens are safe, convenient, and can be very affordable. So, this begs the question, which is the best teeth whitening pen?
Cleaner Smile’s LED teeth whitening kits
Cleaner Smile’s LED Teeth Whitening Kits are by far the best option when looking for the best teeth-whitening product. This line of products is unique because each kit not only comes with the teeth-whitening gel pen, but they also come with an LED light. You brush your teeth, apply the gel from the pen onto your teeth, put in the LED mouthpiece, and plug the device into your phone. It’s that simple to get those pearly whites you always dreamed of! What’s more, Cleaner Smile provides mobile phone attachments that are compatible with both Android and iPhone devices, a USB power cord, instruction manual, and color chart to track your progress.
We know that formula is important, so what about the formula used in this product? Well, Cleaner Smile’s Regular LED Teeth Whitening Kit comes with gel whitening teeth pens that contain 33% carbamide peroxide. For a stronger formula, look for Cleaner Smile’s Maximum Strength LED Teeth Whitening Kit – the teeth-whitening gel pens contain a 44% carbamide peroxide formula.
Choose the best teeth-whitening pen
Gel Teeth-whitening pens are a great choice if you are searching for the best whitening product currently available over the counter. Cleaner Smile’s teeth-whitening pens are affordable, safe, fast-acting, and long-lasting. Their products are unique because of the LED activation – a method that has been shown to work . Consumer reviews back up these products as well, as they have a positive impact on their oral care. Cleaner Smile even offers charcoal-based products (teeth whitening pens and whitening strips). This may be a better option for you if you have sensitive gums and/or teeth and your dentist does not recommend a peroxide-based whitening treatment for your tooth surfaces. You can get a whiter smile faster than you thought!
 Carey CM. Tooth whitening: what we now know. Journal of Evidence Based Dental Practice. 2014; Jun 1;14:70-6.
 Wood B. The 10 Best Teeth Whitening Pens for Your Brightest Smile Ever. January 2020. Retrieved July 9, 2020 from https://www.health.com/condition/oral-health/best-teeth-whitening-pen.
 American Dental Association Council on Scientific Affairs. Tooth Whitening/Bleaching:
Treatment Considerations for Dentists and Their Patients. November 2010. Retrieved July 9, 2020, from https://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/About%20the%20ADA/Files/ada_house_of_delegates_whitening_report.ashx
 Dominguez A, Garcia JA, Costela A, & Gomez C. (2011). Influence of the light source and bleaching gel on the efficacy of the tooth whitening process. Photomedicine and laser surgery. 2011; 29(1), 53-59.
 Cleaner Smile. Single-Cell Safety and Efficacy Evaluation of Teeth Whitening Product. November 2019. Retrieved July 7, 2020 from https://cleanersmile.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Cleaner-Smile-Club-Case-Study.pdf