What Are Some Ways to Whiten Extremely Yellow Teeth?
Do you look into the mirror every morning and feel self-conscious about your teeth? Yellow teeth can make you feel less confident and cause you to smile less when you’re out in the world. If you’re in this situation, you’re probably searching for a way to make your smile a little brighter – preferably by removing the yellow and adding a lot more white.
The truth is that teeth tend to become less white as people grow older. When that happens, many people want to find a solution to bring back the brightness of their teeth from years past. However, it can be challenging to determine what treatment options are going to give you the results you want. We’ll be looking at that in this article so you can make the best decision for your teeth.
Common Causes of Teeth Yellowing
Several things can cause yellow or discolored teeth. Some are environmental; others are due to personal habits. Some factors and habits that contribute to this include:
- Aging – As people grow older, stains and yellowness on the teeth can be a consequence. This is entirely normal since your teeth have been used for many years. Stains from tobacco, coffee, wine, and other substances can start to add up and create more noticeable staining.
- Diet – Eating or drinking items with tannins, such as red wine, can cause yellow teeth. Other items that can cause this include soda, tea, and coffee. When you consume these items, the stains can get under the enamel of your teeth and create severe discoloration.
- Fluoride – In many cases, when children have yellow teeth, it’s the result of excessive fluoride.
- Illness – Some medical conditions and medications can cause yellow teeth. Stained teeth can occur when undergoing chemotherapy for neck or head cancers. Medications for high blood pressure and asthma can also cause this problem.
- Poor Oral Hygiene – Not brushing and flossing your teeth as often as you should also lead to yellow teeth. However, keep in mind that even those who keep up with oral hygiene can experience discoloration of their teeth from other factors.
- Smoking – Another of the leading causes of intensely yellow teeth is smoking. These stains can be hard to remove without something like charcoal teeth whitening strips. Quitting smoking can help with the discoloration when used in tandem with regular brushing, flossing, and teeth whitening products.
The Move Toward Charcoal in Oral Hygiene Products
If you pay any attention to oral hygiene trends, you’ve likely heard about charcoal. Activated charcoal is now commonly added to toothpaste to help give you the best brush possible. Since charcoal is somewhat abrasive, it can absorb some of the yellow stains on your teeth. When you choose charcoal teeth whitening strips, the product can also help with stains below the enamel for an even whiter smile.
Toothpaste might be the best known oral hygiene substance that incorporates charcoal, but it isn’t the only one. Charcoal teeth whitening strips are an innovative new option to get your teeth looking white and bright again. These strips can improve bad breath, help prevent future staining, and remove stains already found on the teeth.
So, how does it work? The charcoal used in oral hygiene products is made of fine power and can include items like olive pits, coconut shells, peat, and slowly burned wood. It is activated when it is placed under high heat. Since this makes it less absorbent, it can bind to odors and stains to remove them.
Whitening Yellow Teeth with Charcoal Teeth Whitening Strips
If you’ve decided that you want to upgrade your smile, there are several treatment options available. Simple brushing and flossing regularly can help with the process. However, to get down to the stains causing seriously yellow teeth, you’ll need to add something else to your oral hygiene routine.
The great thing about choosing charcoal teeth whitening strips is that it’s inexpensive and takes extraordinarily little time. The strips come with top-quality activated charcoal and only need to be used for around 15 to 30 minutes a day. Just like other whitening strips on the market, these help make your teeth whiter. However, they also go farther by detoxifying your mouth and helping with fresh breath.
There are a few of the things you can expect when using this kind of product:
- Great whitening power without any pain or discomfort.
- The charcoal substance helps whiten teeth while also detoxing the mouth as a whole.
- Professional results can be experienced at home without spending extra money or finding additional time to visit a dentist.
- The application of a charcoal teeth whitening strip is void of mess and completely convenient, even for those on the go.
Why Choose Strips Rather Than Do-It-Yourself Whitening
Some people believe that they can use baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, or apple cider vinegar on their own to whiten their teeth. The problem with this is that you might not always get the results that you expect. When you choose charcoal teeth whitening strips, a specific amount of the active ingredients is included in the strip. This prevents you from using too much or too little of the needed ingredient.
Whitening strips are also inexpensive, which will appeal to anyone who keeps to a budget. On top of that, applying the strips takes only a few moments and the strips do their jobs in less than half an hour. Charcoal teeth whitening strips will offer you results in only a few days, and the whitening power can last for months or years.
Keeping Your Teeth White into the Future
Once you reach the point where your teeth are sparkling bright from the use of charcoal teeth whitening strips, it’s time to look toward the future. Make sure you continue to brush and floss your teeth regularly and keep strips on hand when you need a touch-up. You’ll be able to enjoy your new smile going forward!